- Attractive interest rates
- Efficient and safe investment
- Flexible in using the capital
- Free for transfer (sale, give-away, exchange or inheritance)
- Term: 189 days
- Denomination: VND100 million, VND200 million, VND500 million, VND 1 billion, VND 2 billion and VND 5 billion
- Interest payment method: at maturity day
Personal, corporate customers are allowed to buy deposit certificates as per State Bank’s regulations.
For request to close a deposit certificate before its maturity, SCB will pay fully (partial payment before maturity is not applied) with the lowest interest rate of the demand deposit announced at the time of such request.
Different amount received from preferential interests (if any) must be given back to SCB compared to the real interest earned from closing a deposit certificate before maturity.
Customers will pay fees for banknote counter, fees for early payments of deposit certificates and other fees announced by SCB at the time of making such early payments (if any).
No renewal at maturity. Upon the maturity dates, SCB will carry on the following cases:
- In case the holders are SCB’s personal customers as well as Vietnamese residents depositing in cash or by transfers from Current Accounts; or the holders are SCB’s personal customers as well as foreigners depositing by transfers from Current Accounts: SCB will pay and transfer all the principal and interest amounts into the holders’ Current Accounts opened at SCB in VND.
- In case the holders are SCB’s personal customers as well as Vietnamese non-residents depositing in cash or by transfers from Current Accounts; or the holders are SCB’s personal customers as well as foreigners with status of residence in Vietnam depositing in cash; or the holders are corporates depositing in cash or by transfers from Current Accounts: If the holders do not show up upon the maturity dates, SCB will withhold the principal and interest amounts, waiting for the holders to receive. During the withholding time, the holders will neither earn interest nor pay the custody fees.
Deposit certificates can be used as collateral at SCB or at other credit institutions in accordance with current regulations of SCB and relevant laws.
In case the deposit accounts are used as pledged or blocked, the payment methods for the matured deposit certificates will be automatically changed by SCB’s withholding all the principal and interest amounts until settlements for those accounts are completed by their holders. During the withholding time, the holders will neither earn interest nor pay the custody fees.
Other terms and conditions are in accordance with Regulations on deposits of SCB, the State Bank and other laws.
Information on product and service policies is only for reference and may change from time to time. Please contact your nearest SCB (sub)branch or hotline 1900 6538 or 1800 5454 38 for advice.